Simple ways to “Detoxify your life”
You can improve your health by eliminating or reducing your exposure to many common chemicals which are found in many products you use everyday including soaps, shampoos, perfumes, and household cleaners. Here is a little information you can use to help you “detoxify your life”.
- Many of today’s make-ups, shampoos, and skin care products contain products which are known to contribute to health concerns including endocrine disruption, neurological problems, and even cancer.
- Choose products which are free of parabens which can mimic the hormone estrogen in the body and have been linked in some studies to breast cancer.
- Avoid phthalates, which some studies have linked to hormonal disruption in men, women, and infants
- If a product has “fragrance’ listed on the ingredients, avoid it!
- For a comprehensive look at the ingredients in your products you may use and for some healthier alternatives visit www.cosmeticdatabase.com.
- Household cleaners
- Many cleaning products including all purpose cleaners, antibacterial soaps, air fresheners, and carpet cleaners have numerous chemicals which can contain neurotoxins, allergens, endocrine disruptors, and lung irritants among others.
- Remember that clean does not have a scent. If your product does use a scent, make sure it comes from a natural source like orange oil or lavender.
- Find cleaning products which are healthier to you and the environment in the bookGreen Clean, The Environmentally Sound Guide to Cleaning your Home by Linda Mason Hunter and Mikki Halpin.
- Simple ways to help your body detoxify
- Drink plenty of clean water (reverse osmosis or natural spring water)
- Exercise! Sweating is a natural form of detoxification.
- Use a dry sauna.
- Eat foods that are correct for your metabolic type